When moving a business, the number one rule is to stay organized. Whether you are handling the move internally or hiring outside help, WSI can help. We’ve put together this helpful guide as well as a moving checklist for businesses to make sure every part of the move goes smoothly.
Preparing For The Move
Most of the work of moving your business happens ahead of time. By properly preparing for the move, you’ll save tons of energy and avoid lots of headaches.
The Complete Moving Checklist
- Determine a time frame and moving schedule.
- Set up a communication plan to let customers, suppliers, and others you do business with know about your move.
- Make a list of moving-related tasks and assign them to individuals or set up an internal moving committee to help with organization.
- Inform employees about the move and get them involved – make sure they know their roles and what you expect of them.
- Determine the new office set-up and style. Make sure you know ahead of time where offices will be located and where you will install equipment such as computers, printers, and copiers.
- Contact your current service providers to inform them of the move and schedule installation dates for the new location.
- Establish a packing schedule, determine what can be packed in advance and what needs to be packed last.
- Provide packing and labeling instructions to employees.
- Make sure to properly prepare equipment for moving, including removing any liquids and ensuring you pack and label removable parts.
- Find out in advance where the moving truck can park to load at the old office location and where it can unload at the new location.
- Inform surrounding businesses of your move and let them know if you’ll be blocking entrances or taking additional parking spaces.
Once moving day arrives, your team will be prepared by following the checklist. Contact WSI today for expert help in coordinating your upcoming business move.